The following information will guide you through the steps necessary to register an Asset in your North American Renewables Registry account. The Registry Administrator is available to assist you throughout the registration process. For assistance please Contact Us
Step 1: Review Registry Operating Documents
The Registry Operating Documents detail the requirements and definitions of different types of Generating Assets. The documents are available here
Step 2: Register Asset
- Log in to your account and select the “Register New Asset” link.
- Fill out the information on the New Asset Registration page and select “Next”.
- Continue to fill out the information on the second and third page of the Asset Registration screen and press “Submit”.
- The Registry Administrator will then be notified of the New Asset Registration.
- At any time during this process you can save the form and return to complete it at a later time if you do not have all the required information.
Step 3: Asset Review
The Registry Administrator will review the Asset registration. If the Asset application is complete and approved, an email notification describing account approval will be sent to the Account Holder. At this time an invoice will be issued for any applicable registration and subscription fees. If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the Administrator will notify the Account Manager.
Step 4: Certificate Issuance
Certificates can be issued as often as once a month if the metering data has been communicated to the Registry. Metering data must come from a Qualified Reporting Entity unless the Generating Unit is less than 1 MW in capacity in which case it can be self reported. An invoice will be issued for each month where certificates are issued.