Missouri Renewable Energy Standard
The North American Renewables Registry™ serves as the Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) tracking system to demonstrate compliance with the Missouri Renewable Energy Standard. Missouri market participants can register accounts and renewable energy facilities by following the Registration link.
Before projects are approved in NAR Account Holders must fill out an application for Missouri Eligibility and submit it to the Missouri Department of Economic Development for each project. To inquire about the Certification Process, please contact:
Energy Specialist, Division of Energy
Missouri Department of Economic Development
P.O. Box 1766
Jefferson City, MO 65102
The process for retiring RECs for the Missouri Renewable Energy Standard is as follows:
- Log in to your account
- Select the RECs to be retired
- Select “Retirement’ – “Used by the Account Holder for a Renewable Portfolio Standard”, select “Missouri” from the drop-down and select the Compliance Year for which you are retiring.
- Click Submit and Confirm.
A history of Retirements can be viewed from the “Retirement Compliance Report”
- Missouri Public Service Commission
- Missouri Statute, Chapter 393
- Information on Missouri Renewable Energy Standard from DSIRE
For more information, please Contact Us
Or Claire Eubanks at the Missouri Public Service Commission: